Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vote in Amazon.com's Best Magazine Covers

If you're a magazine person like I am (a reader, editor, writer, publisher, and somewhat collector), then you might want to take a look at the survey at Amazon.com, which asks you to rate the best designed covers in a variety of categories.

It's only a fun survey, and of course Amazon's doing it to try to feed into its magazine subscription service. I don't care about that; it's just fun to look at good magazine designs. In almost all of the categories, I thought all of the nominees were quite good and a strong case could be made for selecting almost any cover. But the ones I chose were picked because I thought they were well composed, would jump off the newsstand, were provocative without being offensive, and showed creativity.

My selections:


What are your choices? The survey is here (you'll need to log in to your Amazon account to vote).

No comments: