Thursday, September 30, 2010

P.J. O'Rourke and Christopher Buckley: TV Talk Titans – Almost

This afternoon, I had the pleasure of interviewing writer and political satirist P.J. O'Rourke when he visited The Commonwealth Club of California in San Francisco. Most of the interview was just audio-recorded, but for the final question, I asked if he would mind if I video-recorded it.

I asked him if he'd ever been interested in having his own radio or television program. His answer was interesting, in part because he reveals that he and Christopher Buckley once planned out just such a program, and he explains why they eventually ditched the idea.

O'Rourke was in town to discuss his new book, Don't Vote: It Just Encourages the Bastards. So our conversation covered political history, libertarians and conservatives, religion, and more. He's a great interview. I'll post a transcript of the interview when I've written it up, and it will also be the subject of my next column in Northside San Francisco. In the meantime, enjoy:

No comments: