Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Earth-Like Planet Best Candidate for ET Life, So Far

People are still criticizing physicist Michio Kaku for going on Fox TV to talk about creating official protocols for dealing with our first contact with extra-terrestrial life. Well, maybe Kaku's not getting too far ahead of himself after all.
Just 20 light-years away, there is a newly discovered planet that is the right size and distance from its star to support life.

Discovery News has the full scoop, including:
"Personally, given the ubiquity and propensity of life to flourish wherever it can, I would say that the chances for life on this planet are 100 percent. I have almost no doubt about it," Steven Vogt, professor of astronomy and astrophysics at University of California Santa Cruz, told Discovery News.
Well, that's a rather rash statement to make, if you ask me. But I hope he's correct.

And I never doubt Kaku.

No comments: