Friday, May 20, 2011

Free Galaxis and Magma Magazines for Your Android Mobile Devices -- from Issuu.com


Issuu.com, the free digital publishing platform I use for my magazines, has created a nifty mobile app that lets you download and view digital magazines from its online newsstand.

Galaxis is my newest publication, and it features articles, interviews, and reviews from the worlds of science and science fiction. You can read it at Issuu. Magma is my other publication, produced earlier this year and focused on the magazine industry. It is also on Issuu.

You can read (and download to your computer) both magazines at Issuu on your computer, or you can now download the entire magazines to your Android mobile device. It's all free. The mobile reader lets you view the entire page on your screen; to zoom in to read the text, you just double-tap on the text and it comes up in a clear text reader. I tried it, and it's very quick, cool, and easy to use.

You can get the app either by going to m.issuu.com on your phone's browser, or do what I did and get the free Issuu app from the Android Market on your phone (just open the Market application, and search for "issuu").

As for you iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch users, you'll have to keep holding your breath. Issuu says it's been trying to get Apple to approve a version for its mobile devices, but Apple keeps rejecting it. I have an iPod Touch that I like very much, so I hope they can get on board the Apple express in the near future.

PS: I should have some exciting news from the world of MagCloud to announce within the next week.

No comments: