Monday, May 9, 2011

Catching Up

Sorry; I haven't blogged for a week. I've been busy with numerous other projects (almost all of them good).

So let me get caught up with my news and views:

1) Even after listening to (or reading) all of the concerns about feeling good that Osama bin Laden was killed, I still feel good that Osama bin Laden was killed.

2) Let Greece exit the eurozone. Dragging this process out forever is just making everyone (markets and national voters) uncertain, which increases the costs of doing business.

3) What? Justin Bieber is called a "brat" by a co-star? Imagine that. A Johnsonville brat?

4) Jezebel reports that an ultra-religious Jewish newspaper Photoshopped U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton out of the famous situation room photo, which showed President Obama and his national security team following progress in the commando raid on bin Laden (again, I still feel good about that raid). The reason? "The religious paper never publishes pictures of women, as they could be considered 'sexually suggestive.'" Uh, right.

5) Wisconsin's right-wing governor, Scott Walker, put out a video praising public employees. Yep, the governor, whose name you know only because of his questionable efforts to strip public employees of rights and benefits, says he likes them, really likes them. He'd just like them to be poorer.

6) I should have my newest digital magazine available online by next weekend. If you like science and science fiction, you might want to check it out. I'll have more info on the weekend.

7) Still feel good about the terrorist's death. I don't care if he was behind a human shield, if he had a weapon, if he was watching American Idol.

No comments: