Sunday, May 17, 2009

Special Best-of Edition: Oscar the Deadly Cat


I don't get it. I mean, it's a funny cartoon, playing off the news that a cat at a nursing home was always able to figure out which resident was next to die and it would spend time with them, presumably comforting them. (Then again, it's a cat, so it might have been awaiting dinner.)

But this is why I am so gobsmacked: This cartoon (first published here on August 3, 2007) is the single most-viewed item on this blog. It's also the single most-viewed image from my main web site, which hosts cartoonist Lyle Lahey's political cartoons (see it here).

Over the past couple years, tens of thousands of people have accessed this cartoon and viewed it. That makes it far and away the most popular cartoon or post or article I've ever posted on any of my web sites or blogs.

Just thought I'd establish that.

No comments: