Saturday, February 27, 2010

My National Magazine Day Pile of Magazines


As I noted here the other day, today is National Magazine Day, in which Americans have been called to their highest potential during these times of war and economic crisis and American Idol judging changes: read those stacks of magazines we've collected but haven't gotten around to reading yet.

So, above you see my collection of recently accrued but as-yet-unread periodicals. The current issues of Vogue (Tina Fey article), the German edition of Playboy, Fangoria, the Simpsons quarterly, The New Yorker, Out (the great Ewan McGregor, natch), and The Baffler.

Heck, that's not even the entire stack, because it doesn't include the issues I'm carrying around in my bookbag or have on the magazine holder on my desk, such as the current New Scientist, SFX, Männer, GQ, the U.S. edition of Playboy, Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Asimov's, and Zeit Geschichte. I think that officially qualifies my reading subject matter as broad and even eclectic. Let's not even mention the Esquire and the Entertainment Weekly in the living room.


Anyway, happy National Magazine Day.

No comments: