Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ads for Old MSN Science Fiction and Comics Sub-Sites

This post is a bit of an experiment; am mainly posting these two images below for others to see as part of a discussion elsewhere.

These are (admittedly poor) photos taken by my phone camera (am too lazy to hook up the scanner this morning) of full-page ads in Comics Scene and Starlog magazines promoting those mags' presence on the then-new MSN network in 1995/96. I never saw either site (I wasn't an MSN subscriber), so I don't know how good or useful they were. I do know, however, that they didn't seem to last long, and Starlog eventually created the first of many iterations of its actual web site. So, the MSN sites couldn't have been very successful, and they certainly didn't set the online world afire with interest and excitement.

Anyway, the pix:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these pictures, John.

Sean - Spork